Thursday, June 21, 2018

RSVP

I never thought I'd see museums in a different light,
More than a plenary of a milllion brainchild,
Seemingly tiny Meccas of divine hands,
A multitude of open doors,
And windows to different adventures,
Each artwork an escape,
Each exhibit a testament,
Each piece a refuge,
Reminding you that home is created,
By hands and hearts that seek it,

But I never thought I'd see museums in a different light,
Kaleidoscopic dance of lights birthed by stained glasses,
Are a reminder of your eyes I have yet to witness,
The crevices lined by acrylic embracing canvas,
Are a reminder of the walls you've built up,
Protecting and hiding the parts you fear to bring to light,
The same walls that have become murals,
A tribute to your battle scars,
And each attempt to cover with strokes of colors,
Instead of concealing, makes you even more beautiful,

I never thought I'd see museums in a different light,
And I long for the days when I could tell the world, 
That I have found a masterpiece,
That makes my heart beat a little faster, 
And then slower, back and forth, without even getting tired,
You are its calm and its storms,
And though at times, this heart cant seem to figure,
What rhythm it wants to dance to or sing,
There's no place it would rather get confused in,

I never thought I'd see museums in a different light,
And seek a museum I'd keep wanting to visit,
Because I know more works of art are to be uncovered,
As the hidden hallways of your heart are discovered,
A conclave of everything heavenly and pure,
A multitude of hidden doors to adventure, 
Each day with you, an escape,
Each memory with you, a testament,
Each conversation with you, a refuge,
And my hands and heart are eager,
To make my arms your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment